Friday, June 17, 2011

Nail Tek II Intensive Therapy Review

I wanted to post this like ages ago but I didn't have time so here it is. :) I got Nail Tek II Intensive Therapy from Carolina months ago and till then I used it everytime (lately I combine it with Nail Tek Foundation II). I used to have loooong and pretty strong nails but last year and a half something went wrong. My nails were peeling at some point all the time, they're breaking easily, I'm sure if you're with me from the beginning you know how many times I had to shorten my nails because I can't stand different lengths.
Anyway... I always thought they'll start being strong as before on their own. But of course they didn't. So when I got it, I started using it every time I changed my manicure. 

Description from their site is:
"Nail Tek II: Intensive Therapy for soft peeling nails:
Intensive Therapy helps heal weak, thin, soft or peeling nails. This unique protein formulation seals the layers of the nail together. With each application, Intensive Therapy reinforces and thickens nails while promoting strength and flexibility."

Ingredients: Ethyl Acetate, SD Alcohol-40B, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Acrylates Copolymer, Triphenyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Butyl Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Benzophenone-1, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone, Calcium Pantothenate, Violet #2.

It looks like a regular TC, so I applied one layer as BC and usually 1 coat like TC. Avoid skin contact while you're applying it on nail - I think it can irritate your skin. I didn't see any improvement immediately but last month in May (I used it like 1 month and half) I could see the difference. They're stronger, nails, which started to peel all the time, didn't peel at all... So I was quite happy with. But then something else happened. :D From time to time I noticed that pieces of edges of my nails were missing. I didn't pay attention if I hit something, I just noticed when something wasn't right. So they're obviously too strong and I was so sad because I love square shape of my nails and every time the piece was missing, I had to shorten them keep them in square. Then I started using hand creams more often (I rarely used hand cream and never any creams for cuticles), when I removed nail polish, I always rub hand cream into my cuticles and nails.. Now they aren't breaking anymore, well, for now.

I'm not an expert for ingredients like Formaldehyde, nail care, so if you want to know more about them, I recommend you to visit loodie loodie loodie blog. Loodie definitely knows a lot about nail care, I actually read her whole blog when I found it and I learned a lot of things I didn't even know. :) You can read her posts about nail hardeners based on formaldehyde here. :)

Here are some pictures of my naked nails. Pictures are black and white, because I have really ugly stains from Innocent so I'm not comfortable to show them as yellow as they're. xo

23th May - with a coat of Nail Tek Foundation II
9th June
Now I'm using Foundation II, sometimes Intensive Therapy II. We'll see how my nails will look after some time. :D And when I finally grow them longer, I found another problem (I'm never satisfied I guess). My nails (especially my pointer) curl at some point and I hate it. :i

That's it, I hope someone will find this helpful. Did you ever tried it? What are you using for stronger nails? Or are your nails just naturally perfectly strong and beautiful? :)

Nighty night,
Ivana :k

13 Comment(s):

  1. Wauuu vidna razlika! Super res 8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails look stunning. Maybe I should try that stuff too...my nails are a mess after two moves and a lot of cleaning things...
    Adora

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have AMAZING nails! They look so strong and healthy =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe, zelo elegantna rešitev, spremeniti slike v črno bele zaradi madežev, zih jo bom uporabila! :D In saj veš, da obožujem tvoje nohte, ane? Že pogrešam tvoje redne poste! Kot vidiš, sem se jaz zlomila in postam tudi med izpiti. Nisem pridna, sej vem. Innocenta se pa še kar bojim sprobat ... pomoje bom dala tri plasti base coata gor. Ne morem it še enkrat čez Night Sparkle stopnjo obarvanosti, takrat sem skor izgubila živce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone speaks well of Nail Tek products. I might try them when I finish what I'm using now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off, your nails (and hands) are beautiful!!!

    Second, I am glad you started using some hand cream. The extra moisture obviously helped you to counteract some of the brittleness that formaldehyde can cause. Yay! to no more corner breaks :D If you notice any more brittleness tapper off Nail Tek or take a couple of weeks off, then start again later. AND of course as always I'm a moisturizing junkie so I would definitely encourage you continue doing that. <3

    I'm working on the nail curving post :D k?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your nails look AMAZING!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. @nicnacksnails: Ty. :)

    @With love, Ana.: Hvala. :h Končno imam take nohte, kot si jih želim že od vedno. :e

    @Anonymous: You should! :) And don't use your nails as tools! Wear gloves, etc.! :) Thanks for stopping by! :k

    @Sara ♥'s ...: Thank you! :k

    @Ulmiel: Hehehehe, ane? :P Ma mi res ni do objavljanja rumenih nohtov, ker že v živo ne morem ven z nagci. Da jih pa še ovekovečim na sliki pa a-a. :P Joj hvala. :$ No, grem tudi jaz po tvojih stopinjah, ampak če nama uspeva, se nama odpusti, ane? :P In ja, definitivno dodaj še raje dodatno plast BC, ker je moja leva roka res obupno zabarvana, sem šele na polovici in potem bojo upam da spet normalni. :@

    @marox79: You should give it a try. :)

    @loodie loodie loodie: Thank you dear! You know when I see the name of your nick or blog I always start bubbling: Loodie loodie loodie loodie loodie. :O

    Thank you for the tips! I's actually thinking when I should take a break from Nail Tek. :) And I will. I have hand creams all over my room now. :P

    And can't wait to see a post about curling! Don't rush! :k

    @SM: Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Foundation II, maybe I'll try this one too.

    I gave you this little award, you can see it in my blog, here http://polishthis.blogspot.com/2011/06/top-10-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not just your nails are perfect, but your hands too!
    And I don't see the problem in nails which curl, it's natural and your are perfectly shaped (by nature, I mean) :>

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Annie: Ty. :)

    @Smaltoitaliano: Thank you so much for your comment! :h Probably it's just me, because I always find something that bothers me. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Ulmiel
    Mogoče v kratkem dobiš še en zelen lak od mene =))))))

    Ivana, tvoji nohti so pa res eni izmed najlepših na svetu<3. Kaj bi jaz dala, da bi imela takšne =)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*